Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mission Trip Costa Rica

As some of you may know, I went to Guatemala in Feb. of 2011 with my Girlfriend. While there we saw a lot of poor and lost people who needed help. When you see people in need you feel an urge to help them anyway you can. Well I felt that urge, God give me that urge.When we returned from Guatemala I knew that we had to go back and help the poor. I was giving an opportunity by God and signed up to go to Guatemala, July 14th – 21st 2012, on a mission trip with my girlfriend’s church called Epic. Unfortunately, when we signed up for the Go Guatemala mission trip it turns out, 20 people signed up to go to Guatemala when the church only reserved enough rooms for 10 people to go. The other mission trip that her church was sending people on was to Costa Rica and they had no limit on how many people could go. So my girlfriend and I saw this as a sign that we were meant to go to Costa Rica … a place neither of us have been before. In San Jose, Costa Rica the group will be building houses for poor people and living our faith through our works. I know that God wants me to go to Costa Rica and expand His kingdom by winning souls to Christ. He is asking me to trust in Him financially, spiritually, and to trust in Him for my safety. Because this is an out of the country mission trip, it will not be very cheap to go. I need no less than $1450.00 to cover just the cost of the plane ticket, meals, and hotel stay. My first deadline is fast approaching. I must have $500.00 turned in on May 11th 2012 in order to buy the plane ticket on time. I am very sorry that I haven’t sent you this letter sooner. As some of you know I started school in January and I work nights; I felt overwhelmed and procrastinated on this letter. I humbly and prayerfully ask for your prayers and donations. Unfortunately, I must ask you to make an urgent donation if you are able to. If you can only pray for me, please pray that I will be able to raise enough money to go to Costa Rica and spread the kindness and love of my savior Jesus Christ. This trip is very important to me because I feel like I have been letting God down by not answering His call to help His people.Thank you so very much in advanced for your support through prayers and donations. I will stay in contact. With many thanks sincerely,Jonathan Flores (407)595-1737

No comments:

Post a Comment